Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Safe Arrival

We arrived in Japan around 3 PM local time. That's 2 AM Indiana time, a difference of plus 13 hours. The plane ride was uneventful, except for the view we had looking down on the Canadian Rockies. The snow-capped peaks force their way onto your horizon with the stunning beauty of their rugged crags and crevices. I turned away from a good movie just to stare out the window. And I reminded myself that God is in that place, as desolate as it all seems from 30,000 feet. I also reminded myself that God is in Japan too, as desolate as it is of a national response to the Gospel.

Tomorrow I tell more of the story of how the Lord has burdened our hearts with the people of this nation. There's more to share about our previous trip last year, including how the Lord allowed Dale and me to be part of leading a young Japanese teenager to him. But for now, I need to get some rest. I have been awake for almost 27 hours, and I am catching myself dozing between keystrokes. Anyway, we are safe and sound, and eagerly anticipating a few hours of sleep.

No comments: